Coronavirus - everything you need to know
Latest government guidance
Wash hands. Cover face. Make space.
We need to keep on protecting each other. As winter approaches, we’ll be spending more time indoors. This will increase the risk of coronavirus spreading. The following reconstructions of everyday environments show why washing hands regularly, wearing a face covering and keeping at least 2m apart is vital in controlling the spread. Coronavirus can live for more than 24 hours indoors. You could pick up or pass on the virus by touching a contaminated surface. WATCH THE FULL VIDEO TO FIND OUT MORE:
Resident Management Company Meetings
As of 14th September the government guidelines listed in the link below stipulate that people in England must not meet with people from other households socially in groups of more than 6. For our clients in Wales, the law states we cannot currently hold indoor meetings and all outdoor meetings must be socially distanced and a maximum of 30 attendees. Our Property Managers have already been holding Resident Management Company meetings online and will continue to do so until the restrictions ease, and we can resume onsite face to face meetings.
Our steps to help residents and staff:
- Following the latest government advice for UK employers, most of our staff are now working from home, having implemented all necessary IT systems to ensure that residents receive continuation of service.
- We are suggesting to clients that AGMs and resident meetings are postponed in line with advice on maintaining social distance, we will keep communication channels open via conference calls where necessary.
- Where developments have site staff we will be keeping in touch with staff on a regular basis to provide them with as much support as possible and reviewing their duties according to current guidelines.
- It is possible that there may be some disruption to the Royal Mail postal system in the coming months. To avoid any potential missed, or delayed mail we suggest that if you haven’t already signed up to your Online Customer Portal or registered for email communications preferences that you do so.
What can I do to avoid catching or spreading the virus?
Following these 3 government guidelines will help to prevent the spread of germs:
- CATCH IT Germs spread easily. Always carry tissues and use them to catch your cough or sneeze.
- BIN IT Germs can live for several hours on tissues. Dispose of your tissue as soon as possible.
- KILL IT Hands can transfer germs to every surface you touch. Clean your hands as soon as you can.
What if I have the symptoms?
All the latest advice, should you or a member of your household show symptoms of Covid-19, can be found on the NHS 111 website.
Useful links to further information:
NHS 111 Helpline
NHS guidelines on wellbeing - Every Mind Matters
Latest government advice
Diagnosis of COVID-19
How to stay safe World Health Organisation (WHO)
Myth busters (WHO)
Activities during lockdown (BBC)
What should I do if there has been a confirmed case of Covid-19?
- Site Staff – Contact your Property Manager
- Property Managers – Contact the client and ask if they want to increase the frequency of cleaning within the communal areas
- Maintenance – We will continue to maintain your property following appropriate legislation. All our contractors will follow government guidelines about social distancing, to minimise risk. If you have any questions about contractors working within your property please contact H&S@fexcopropertyservices.co.uk
Need to get in touch with our H&S team, please use the form below: