Property Management Services for Home Owners
As a managing agent we provide management services to the communal parts of your property or development, ensuring a safe, clean environment for you to live in.
We generally act for the resident management company (RMC) or the freehold owner of the property, who are responsible for the upkeep of these communal parts and has appointed us as an agent to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities. In short, we sit between you as the resident and those responsible for the maintenance of the areas of your private estate or property that you are not responsible for.
The property management services for homeowners, that we manage may include:
- Arranging professional upkeep in line with H&S legislation.
- Arranging cleaning and gardening.
- Arranging repairs as necessary.
- Ensuring relevant insurances are in place.
- Planning maintenance, redecoration and renewals as these fall due.
- Appointing, supervising and managing HR and payroll for site staff (such as a concierge) where appropriate.
- Ensuring that local, competent and cost-effective contractors and service providers are on hand when required.
- Liaising, where necessary, with warranty providers, original contractors, insurance brokers, neighbouring properties, the emergency services, the local authority or local interest groups on behalf of the residents or our clients.
- Setting the annual budget for the cost of upkeep of the common parts.
- Collecting the service charge or estate charge to balance the books.
- Accounting for all receipts and payments, together with all the necessary record keeping, maintenance of ring-fenced banking arrangements and reporting.
- Regular site visits and inspections.
- Reporting to our clients as required on the services provided.
- Responding to residents' service requests or other concerns.
- Informing and holding meetings with residents and clients as and when required.
- Assisting our clients with regard to their statutory obligations and acting on their behalf to carry these out as required.
- Liaising with solicitors with regard to conveyancing enquiries.
- Providing a portal with information for clients and customers.
- Providing a responsive 24/7 service.
The extent of our property management services for the communal parts are set by:
- Best practice to ensure they are managed responsibly.
- Health and Safety legislation to ensure they are managed safely.
- The preferences and needs of our clients with regard to how they are managed.
- The terms of the lease for a property with leasehold ownership.
- The covenants in the transfer documentation for a property with freehold ownership.
- Relevant legislation put in place to protect all parties.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you
Considering Right To Manage? Read this first...